6.07.2010

Italian Focaccia Bread

This was good with our pasta that we had tonight but I think it would be good cut into breadsticks and dipped in marinara sauce. I think that will be my dinner tomorrow night.

Italian Focaccia Bread

2 Tb yeast
1 Tb sugar
1 C + 2 Tb warm water
1 Tb olive oil
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tb italian seasoning
3 c flour (I used 1 1/2 whole wheat and 1 1/2 all purpose)

Topping:
1 Tb olive oil
1/2 c parmesan cheese
sea salt

I also used garlic powder.

Combine yeast and water in mixer. Allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add in oil, sugar, salt, and spices. Add flour and knead until well combined. (I had to add a few more teaspoons of water because mine was a little dry so just check it and add some water if needed.) Cover and let rise for 1 hour. You can make dough up to 24 hours in advance--cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge until ready to use.

Preheat oven 425 degrees. Press dough into a 12 inch circle. Drizzle with olive oil and then press indentations into the dough. Cover with cheese and additional spices. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until dough is puffed and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment