3.27.2010

Homemade Ravioli

I forgot to take pictures as I was doing this, something I'll have to get used to because I enjoy step-by-step pictures.

This is my first homemade ravioli. I didn't really measure anything so it's kinda hard to give an exact recipe but here's what I did.

Brown about 3/4 lb of sausage (or whatever meat, if any you choose to use.)

Mix together an egg and half of a large cottage cheese. I added garlic powder, basil, oregano, a dash of salt, and pepper.

Take a wonton wrapper, brush with egg wash, place a small teaspoon of filling in center, then cover with another wonton wrapper. Press sides to seal and put in a pot of boiling water. Boil 2-3 minutes. Remove, cut off extra wonton wrapper if you don't want all that dough, then dip in bread crumbs.

Bake in oven at 375 for 20 minutes or so. Turn over and bake another 10 or 15 minutes, or until desired crispness.

I'm going to freeze these in individual servings for the kids' lunches (hopefully they like them!) Sorry the recipe is disorganized. I'll do better at writing down an exact recipe as I get used to doing this. I didn't think they tasted too bad. Not sure I like the sausage in them but we'll see what the kids' verdict is.

No comments:

Post a Comment