3.27.2010

Our First Garden

We started our very first garden this year. Hopefully this will be a way to get my kids eating more fruits and veggies and a way to save a little moolah.

Here we have red peppers, corn, lima beans, carrots, onion, and watermelon. We're going to do strawberries as well but will buy plants for those. I think I started my seed a little late. Probably should have planted these a few weeks ago but hopefully it will be okay and we'll get some little seedlings to plant outside. I think we're doing a 10x10 raised bed. My husband thinks one big bed is fine rather than doing multiple smaller ones. Anyone have any info on that? Not sure if it matters.

And here are our raspberry bushes. I think I'm most excited about these! Maybe because of my childhood memories of picking raspberries everyday at my Yiayia's in Montana when we visited every summer. I'm just hoping it becomes a fun summer tradition for my own kids.

2 comments:

  1. One reason to have multiple smaller beds is so you can reach in to each plant without stepping on other plants. Other than that there isn't any reason not to have a big one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first garden! I hope you have lots of fun with it...I have been seriously neglecting mine. But I'm gonna do better next week.

    ReplyDelete