2.20.2011

Southwest Turkey Soup

You must like ground turkey to like this soup.  I think next time I may try it with ground beef.  I like turkey, but only if it's cooked a certain way, or with certain ingredients.  This wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, just may tweak it some next time.

Found the recipe in the Taste of Home magazine, December/January 2011 issue page 38.

Southwest Turkey Soup

In a Dutch oven, brown 1lb. ground turkey in 1 Tb olive oil. (I omitted the oil and added a small onion during this step.)  Drain if needed.  Add two cans rinsed and drained kidney beans, 2 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth, 2 cups frozen corn, 1 cup salsa, 1 can (4 oz) green chilies and 1 Tb chili powder.  (I seasoned my meat with chili powder and cumin so I did not add anymore here.)  Bring to a boil; cover and simmer fro 10 minutes.  Serve topped with sour cream and fresh cilantro.

Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment