1.26.2011

Ham & Cheese Puff Pastry - Redo

 Who knew puff pastry is SO good!  Remember when I tried this before with phyllo dough?  I didn't think it was all that bad but compared to this...I'll never do it the wrong way again!  These were so very good.  Definitely a keeper.

Thaw a box of puff pastry.  You'll need two sheets.  And just so you're aware, it takes longer than 40 minutes to thaw, like the box says.

Roll one sheet of puff pastry out to whatever size pan you'll be using to put it on.  Top with ham and cheese.  I used leftover ham from Christmas but deli ham would be fine too.  Swiss cheese was our choice but you could use whatever you like.  Roll out other sheet of puff pastry and place on top.  Seal sides with egg wash and also coat top with egg wash.

Bake at 450 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until brown and puffed up.

**You could spread the pastry with mustard before you put the ham and cheese on but we chose to leave it off and just dip ours in the mustard as we ate it.  We used honey mustard and it was delicious!

This post is linked to:

It's a Keeper Thursday 
It's a Keeper Thursdays
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage


Tip Day Thursday
Around My Family Table


8 comments:

  1. That looks yummy and easy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks very similar to a calzone that a local restaurant has been serving for about 75 years. I am going to try this. I imagine for a smaller group I could just use one sheet of puff pastry and cut it in half. Gosh, this sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just served myself some of your ham and cheese puffed pastry, it looks so good. I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us here at Full Plate Thursday. You have a great week end and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gave you an award at my blog today. come over and check it out after while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Looks easy and sounds so good!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love getting new visitors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks delicious! This is a definite must try and I bet my family will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family would absolutely eat this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this on Tip Day Thursday. I will be featuring it this upcoming Thursday. Feel free to stop by and grab my "Featured On" button if you'd like.

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete