3.13.2011

String Pie



I used to make this a lot but haven't made it for quite a long time until tonight.  I remembered how good it was!

String Pie

12 oz spaghetti
4 Tb butter
salt and pepper
2 eggs, beaten
2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper (I use red)
2 Tb oil (I omit this)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 tsp sugar
garlic, oregano
2 cups cottage cheese
8 oz mozzarella
2/3 cup parmesan

Cook and drain spaghetti.  Place in bottom of 9x13 dish.  Combine butter, parmesan, salt, pepper, and egg.  Spread over noodles.  Spread on cottage cheese.  Cook ground beef, onion, green pepper in oil.  Stir in spaghetti sauce, sugar, garlic, and oregano.  Layer over noodles and cottage cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle with mozzarella.  Bake 10 minutes more until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna make this one! Looks great Vicki!

    ReplyDelete