4.26.2011

What We're Eating Wednesday - Shrimp Lorraine


This was a new shrimp dish I made.  I picked up the recipe card at our local grocery store.  I loved it, hubs liked it, and I suggest you like garlic if you make this!


Shrimp Lorraine
2 Tb unsalted butter, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 1/2 pounds raw, peeled, and deveined 36-40 count shrimp, thawed if necessary
1/2 cup refrigerated savory garlic cooking creme (like the new Philadelphia cooking cremes)
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
3 Tb dry sherry or white wine
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray 1 quart baking dish or ceramic or metal pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.  In 12 inch skillet melt 1 Tb butter over medium heat.  Add garlic and green onions and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and reach an internal temp of 145 degrees, stirring frequently.


Add cooking creme, cheese, sherry and cayenne and cook until cheese begins to melt.  Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.  In microwave safe bowl, heat remaining 1 Tb butter in microwave until melted.  Stir in panko; sprinkle evenly over shrimp mixture.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges bubble and top is golden brown.

~300 calories per serving


This post is linked to:
Your Recipe My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Take a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts
Made By You Monday at Skip to My Lou
Delicious Dishes at It's a Blog Party
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free
Tuesday Night Supper Club at Fudge Ripple
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Homemaker Monday at 11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace

3 comments:

  1. Everything from the link to Your Recipe, My Kitchen all the way down and including your inlinkz link is linked to my blog....So, I cannot link up a recipe.

    Your shrimp looks delicious. I love Swiss cheese. I bet it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! What a fun recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, maybe I can't link up the recipe I'm sharing if I want others to link up too. Sorry about that. I'm still learning with these link ups!

    ReplyDelete