5.30.2010

Calico Beans

This recipe is from my stepmom. It's sort of like one that I already had but for some reason my husband likes this one better. I must admit, these are very yummy. Great for bbqs because it can be served hot or cold. And it's so simple to make:

Calico Beans

1 can pork and beans, drained (I don't drain these)
1 can red beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can lima beans, drained
1 can green beans, drained
3/4 c brown sugar (I sometimes use a little less)
1/2 c white vinegar (I use a little less of this as well, if I use less sugar)
1/2 Tb dry mustard
garlic poweder
pepper
1 c chopped onion
honey bake ham, diced OR cooked bacon, about 8 slices, crumbled OR real bacon bits

Combine ingredients and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Serve hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment