11.29.2010

Creamy Spinach Ricotta Pasta

I don't have a picture because I thought I had posted this and found out that I hadn't.  So sorry!

Creamy Spinach Ricotta Pasta

1 lb rigatoni
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes w/ basil, onion, and garlic
1 cup fresh or frozen chopped onions
1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
2 1/2 cup jarred alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 Tb olive oil

425 degrees.  Coat 13 x 9 inch baking dish with spray.

Bring large pot of salted water to boil.  Cook pasta.  Drain; return to pot.  Stir in tomatoes and chopped onions.   Cook spinach in microwave.  Squeeze out moisture.  Transfer to a bowl.  Add alfredo sauce, ricotta, garlic salt and pepper; stir to combine.

Transfer spinach mixture to pasta pot; toss to combine.  Transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish.  Mix together bread crumbs, parmesan, and oil.  Sprinkle over pasta.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

8 servings

*I don't use canned tomatoes.  I just use some chopped onion and tomato alone.  Then season as desired. 
*I use cottage cheese instead of ricotta.

No comments:

Post a Comment