1.30.2011

Maple Wheat Bread

Used this in the Baked French Toast Casserole but it'd be good for other things.  I will say though...I used a little more maple syrup than it called for (6Tb) and only about 1 cup of water, just a splash more than a cup.  And I took it out of the bread machine probably 12 mintues early because it was done.  Next time I would take it out even earlier so that it wasn't so crunchy on the outside.  I also split the flour a little bit and did 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat and 1 1/2 cups of bread flour because I read that it wasn't rising right for other people and someone mentioned that you needed more bread flour.  I'm not sure about that and next time would follow the recipe exactly to see what happened.

Maple Whole Wheat Bread

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup bread flour
1/3 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups water
4 Tb maple syrup
2 Tb olive oil
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

Place ingredients in pan of bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer.  Select Wheat Bread cycle and press start.

Found this recipe on AllRecipes.

1 comment:

  1. New follower :) I love my bread machine, and I'm always looking for different breads to try.

    ReplyDelete