1.05.2011

Breakfast Pizza

 I'm glad these reached my expectations because I was looking forward to them all week!  Definitely a hit and something different for breakfast night.

I made this homemade pizza dough in the bread machine.  I prebaked them for 8 minutes.  Then I did these pizzas:

~sausage (used the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles...already cooked and crumbled, same price as a roll of sausage and very tasty if I do say so.  Worth the money for me to not cook the sausage first.  And no, they didn't give me anything to say that!), egg, shredded pizza blend cheese, with red pepper and onion on half. 

~leftover honey glazed ham from Christmas that we had in the freezer, Tastefully Simple's cheese sauce, egg, red pepper, onion, and half also had the sausage.  I used the Italian blend shredded cheese on this one, and a little cheddar.

After pre-baking the crust I spread a light layer of shredded cheese on the crust, since there isn't much sauce on it I thought this might keep it from drying out too much and help the toppings stick.  Then I added the toppings and another light layer of cheese.

For the ham one, I put some shredded cheddar on the crust in place of sauce, added the toppings, spooned some cheese sauce over the toppings and then added a light layer of Italian cheese blend on top.

I definitely suggest trying these, with your choice of toppings of course but they were very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment