1.25.2011

Soy Glazed Salmon

I haven't been a big fan of fish as of late but I try to make it once a week for the rest of the family.  My son loves salmon (which is interesting since he's only four and the pickiest eater in the world!) so that was my choice this week.  I've made this once before and tasted it last night as I pulled it out of the oven and I must say, it was tasty!

Soy Glazed Salmon

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 lb filet salmon

450 degrees.  Line bottom of roasting pan with foil.  Coat rack with oil.  (I just used a baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray and rubbed the bottom with oil.)  Combine soy sauce, syrup, ginger and garlic in saucepan.  Boil over moderate heat until reduced to 1/3 cup.  Brush salmon with sauce; let stand 5 minutes.  Brush with more sauce.  Roast salmon for 10 minutes.  Add remaining glaze.  Broil 3 to 5 minutes 4 to 5 inches from heat.

This post is linked to:
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free
What's Cooking Wednesday at Turning Back the Clock
Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

1 comment:

  1. Great Recipe!! :)
    Wanted to invite you to Include it in next weeks Seasonal Sunday Event as it fits into the theme well.
    -Brittany-

    ReplyDelete