4.14.2010

Ham and Cheese Puff Pastries

This is a recipe I adapted from Ina Garten, Ham and Cheese in Puff Pastry. We saw the show where she was making these and my husband and I both thought they looked pretty tasty.

So here's my admission of being a less-experienced cook...I had phyllo dough and just figured I'd use that instead of puff pastry. Found out they aren't really interchangeable but these turned out okay nonetheless. That's also part of the reason I'm doing this blog, so I can learn from trying new things. I'm still broadening my horizons when it comes to ingredients so it's a learning process for me. That's what it's all about right?

Ham and Cheese Puff Pastries

deli ham
your choice of cheese (I used white American and Swiss)
mustard (I used French's honey Dijon)
puff pastry (or in my case phyllo dough!)
egg and water for egg wash


Place three sheets of phyllo dough on bottom of a baking sheet or 9 x 13 dish.

Layer with cheese. Here I used half swiss and half white american since I wasn't sure what would taste better and what my kids would eat.

Layer on ham and mustard. Top with three more sheets phyllo dough.

Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with a little garlic salt and whatever other seasonings you think you'd like. I used garlic salt and some onion onion from Tastefully Simple.
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment