7.02.2010

Cilantro Lime Rice

I originally made this recipe to go with our burritos and I chose this one because the place where I found it said it was like Chipotle's rice. Well, it's not! But it's not bad with my burriots either. I also suggest doubling this recipe if you're feeding more than two people because it doesn't make very much.
Cilantro Lime Rice

1 tsp oil
2 Tb fresh cilantro, chopped
2/3 cup white basamati rice
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 lime, juiced (or two or three)

In a saucepan, heat oil until hot.
Add rice and stir for 1 minute, you are basically frying the rice. NOTE: Pretty much stir constantly or it will burn.
Add lime juice, stir for 1 minute more.
Add water and salt, bring to a boil.
Cover and turn down to simmer until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 18-20 minutes. Do not overcook or it gets mushy. (Mine was ready in 14 minutes. Just watch it.)
Add in the cilantro, stir, and serve.

NOTE: I burned my first batch of rice tonight and decided to throw it out since I was worried that the entire batch would have that burnt taste. Thus, I was out of limes. Instead I used some lemon juice and I have to say that the rice I made tonight tasted the best it's ever tasted out of the three times I've made this. Maybe I just like lemon better, who knows! But I think it's because I never use enough lime juice. Might need more than one lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment