7.26.2010

Twice Baked Potatoes

This is my grandma's recipe, although I've never gotten mine to taste as good as hers.  They take some time but again, you can freeze them.  Well, I think!  I haven't had them frozen before but I don't see why you can't so this time I made 8 huge potatoes and froze half of them.  We haven't had the ones from the freezer yet so I'm not sure if they'll be any good.
Twice Baked Potatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
8 baking potatoes
2/3 cup shredded cheddar
1 1/3 egg, beaten (don't ask me how to get 1/3 of an egg!  Just use one or two)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/3 cup sliced green onion
2/3 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In small bowl, combine oil, salt, and pepper.  Rub potato skins with oil.  Bake 50 to 60 minutes.  When done, slice skin off top.  Scoop flesh into large bowl, reserving skins.  Add cheese, egg, butter, and half green onion.  Mash potatoes while adding milk.  Spoon into skins and top with remaining onion.  Bake 15 minute.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love twice baked potatoes. This one looks less complicated than mine. I might steal it.

    ReplyDelete