7.24.2010

Nutty Pecan Waffes



I'm not a big breakfast person usually, but every once in awhile I feel like real breakfast food. I do breakfast nights often and usually only make plain waffles or pancakes, which I'm not that excited about and usually end up eating something else. But then I found this recipe, and was excited for breakfast night! And this didn't disappoint.

Nutty Pecan Waffles

3 cups all purpose flour
1 Tb baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 eggs, seperated
2 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 2/3 cups finely chopped pecans

Preheat waffle iron. In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and baking soda. In seperate bowl, beat together egg yolks and milk. Add milk mixture, butter and oil to flour; stir gently to combine. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks have formed (I skipped this part and just threw them in...turned out fine); fold into batter.

Pour mix onto hot waffle iron and sprinkle generously with chopped pecans. (I mixed the pecans into the batter.) Cook until golden brown.

I got 14 waffles from this.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about breakfast and when I do eat it usually we are having it for dinner. Lol. Those sound yummy though! Following from Surfin Saturday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete