9.19.2010

Apple Turnovers

I only baked one of these to try it and stuck the rest in the freezer.  Next time I think I'll make them smaller and cut the extra dough off the edges.  I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar but I think they'd be good with an icing, which I'm not good at making but I might try the next time I bake these.  I'll say this wasn't the best of recipes.  The taste isn't bad but I think the dough could be more flaky or something.  Might try a different recipe next time.

Also, I doubled this and got 7 turnovers.  But if you made them smaller you could get more I guess.  Just didn't seem to make much dough.


Apple Turnovers

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter or Crisco
1 pkg (3 oz.) cream cheese

Combine.  Make into 4-6 little balls.  Chill.

FILLING:
1 1/2 cup chopped apples (fine)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg

Mix together.  Spoon into rolled dough to make individual turnovers.  Seal edges with a fork.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment