9.19.2010

Criss Cross Apple Buns

Okay, so pardon the picture!  Next time I realize I need to make the "Xs" smaller so they aren't gapping wholes on top.  I also need to add more filling next time.  They were really good on top but the bottoms were just all biscuit.  The picture in the magazine looked really good and I think a tiny "x" on top would work.  I will definitely make these again though.  They were tasty and very easy to make.  I froze them before baking and have another batch in the freezer, ready to try the adjusted way.

Criss Cross Apple Buns

1 1/3 cup chopped peeled tart apples
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup sugar, divided
2 Tb all purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
dash salt
1 pkg large refrigerated flaky biscuits
2 tsp butter, melted

In large microwavable-safe bowl, combine apples, walnuts, raisins, 3 Tb sugar, flour, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, and salt.  Microwave 2-3 minutes or until almost tender.

Flatten each biscuit into a 5-inch circle.  Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful of sugar mixture over each biscuit.  Top with 1/4 cup apple mixture.  Bring up edges to enclose mixture; pinch edges to seal.  Make like a little ball.

Place seam side down in ungreased muffin tin.  Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.  With a sharp knife, cut an "X" int the top of each.

Bake at 350 degrees fr 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the recipe. I made these once and lost the recipe. Mine came out really good. I think that the filling should be doubled so you can fill really full. we must have seen the same magazine. (smile) that is where I saw it.

    ReplyDelete