6.23.2010

Fish w/ Cheesy Garlic Cilantro Sauce

The cheese sauce for this turned out wonderful. However, next time I would use a less "fishy" tasting fish. I used sole but I think I would like tilapia or orange roughy better.


1/2 lb. (8 oz) Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 cup milk
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tb chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 lb. cod fillets or steaks, cooked
Combine Velveeta, milk, and garlic in saucepan. Cook on low heat until completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Stir in cilantro. Spoon over fish.
This would be good on veggies too. In fact we ate it with our broccoli with this meal. I personally didn't think the cilantro added anything so I would probably leave that out next time. Or else it needed more because I didn't really taste the cilantro flavor unless there was a bit of cilantro in that particular bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment