6.23.2010

Oatmeal Brownies

These were very yummy! I cooked them for the 25 minutes but the middle was still very raw so I continued cooking them and eventually overbaked them. That aside, this is a good recipe. I also forgot to add the pecans into my mixture so I just sprinkled them on top which is what you see the most of. If they had been mixed it they would have looked a little better!


Oatmeal Brownies

1 1/2 c quick cooking oats
1 cup M&M mini baking bits (I couldn't find these so I just used regular and mini M&Ms)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 pkg fudge brownie mix (plus whatever ingredients the pkg calls for...eggs and oil probably)

Combine everything except brownie mix. Mix well. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Pat remaining mixture into greased 15 x 10 x 1 pan. Prepare brownie batter according to box. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool then cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment