6.28.2010

Chicken Nuggets Redo

I tried these again and they turned out so much better. There are still a few things I would tweak but I'll be making these often now.


Here's what I did:
Cut raw chicken into cubes and place in food processor. Process until chicken looks smooth and sort of pasty, or until there are no chunks. Add seasonings: I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Mix well.
Place oil in skillet and turn on medium high heat to get hot while you finish getting the nuggets ready. Place two eggs in a dish and beat. Place about a cup of flour in another dish. I didn't season my flour but I would suggest at least adding salt and pepper. As they say, you should season every layer.
Roll chicken mixture into little balls. Dip in flour, then egg, then back in flour. Flatten into a nugget shape. Do this with all of chicken mixture.
Place a few nuggets at a time in oil (once it's ready. Drip in a tiny bit of flour and if it bubbles up it's ready) and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Drain on paper towels to get off excess oil. Then eat or bag up for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment